The school board will be meeting on Monday, July 1 @ 6 p.m. Please come and let the school board know you are fed up with their stalling tactics at the bargaining table.
Did you know?
- The bargaining team has asked for a salary increase below inflation in order to address the healthcare concern that the district is refusing to budge on.
- Other districts across Alaska have settled 3 year contracts including more than our requested salary increases.
- The increasing cost of healthcare has been larger than any pay increase that I have seen in two years meaning I am working the same job for less.
- With the Personalized Learning initiative I am required to do more for less pay.
- The district’s proportion of the healthcare costs is shifting to the employees and we can’t afford to pay more. Other districts are able to provide a similar benefit for less cost.
- During the emergency open enrollment we took on increased risk with higher deductibles saving the district $1.2 million. Rather than using that money to settle a contract the school board voted to take it away from employees (after they agreed to spend it on employee benefits)!
- The bargaining team is willing to accept higher deductibles IF the savings reduce the premium cost.
- The district team wants to appear like they are bargaining but is not making an offer at the table.
Hope to see you there!